Tuesday, September 9, 2014

His Purpose

I am only publishing this because my co-worker(s) think its good and that it provides strength. If anyone has had their heart broken they will understand and hopefully be able to understand that his piece of writing is not about sympathy but rather is about gaining perspective and maybe even strength.

This man who I fell in love with about 10 years ago, broke my heart. He didn't just break my heart, he broke me. My existence, everything I knew about myself, my confidence, my pride, my ego.

I switch from time to time with how I feel about it. I'm still learning to deal with it. It was without doubt the biggest blow I've had to my life. It gave me pain so unbearable that it hurt to just think about it yet I bared it! I survived.

But I learnt one thing. When your core is broken, you get desperate to rebuild yourself. You get stronger no doubt but you also learn the significance of life. The little things becomes so valuable. The valuables become so little. 

I feel as though he gave me a huge gift. He gave me my spirituality! He had a purpose in my life and was to get me on started on my current path. Its a long journey but if he didn't break me, I wouldn't have understood or appreciated any of it now.

God makes no mistakes.
9/9/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment